|Katelyn Page, Miss Virginia 2020|
Volunteer: Katelyn O. Page, Miss Virginia 2020
Resides: Prince William County, Virginia
Years of volunteer service: Ongoing since the age of 16
Highlights of American Red Cross Volunteer Work:
- Ongoing blood donor; hosted an American Red Cross blood drive as Miss Virginia 2020
- Deployed as a Shelter Associate during Hurricane Laura
- Deployed as a Disaster Cycle Services Caseworker for Hurricane Laura recovery
- Served as the American Red Cross Ambassador and Miss Virginia 2020 at the Annual Charity Golf Classic Fundraiser at the Robert Trent Jones Golf
- Served as a volunteer at U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Lying in State
"My best advice is that you will never have enough time to do everything on your plate. However, if it is important to you, you will make time.
Volunteering is everything, and you always get back more than you give."
Meet Katelyn O. Page, Miss Virginia 2020, and an avid American Red Cross volunteer. Katelyn began her journey volunteering with the American Red Cross when she was 16-years old.
“I have donated with the American Red Cross since I was just 16-years old through blood donations,” said Katelyn.
“Once I knew the impact that my O- blood type could make for others, I knew that I had to continue donating and encouraging others to join me.”
|Kaitlyn is a regular O- blood donor. Only 7% of the population have O- blood. |
Due to the versatility for transfusions, it is in high demand, but one of the rarest
blood type's and first supply to run out during a shortage.
“Per the American Red Cross, just one blood donation can save up to three lives,” said Katelyn.“Something beautiful is that the American Red Cross has let me know some of the hospitals where my blood has gone to. That is the most tangible way that I know I have helped save a life.”
“Serving as Miss Virginia 2020 has provided me with the opportunity to inspire other young people to do hard things, and to strive to reach a goal that they may have previously thought unattainable.”
|Katelyn served as the American Red Cross Ambassador and |
Miss Virginia 2020 at the Annual Charity Golf Classic.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -